Since 1998 The Minstrel Foundation for Music & Arts Advancement has raised over $2.7 million to fund music school programs, music camps, private lessons and university and college tuition for young people from our inner city and new immigrant communities. This includes 43,000 music lessons at inner city music schools and 5,200 students attending summer music camps.
summer camps we supported in the Summer of 2017
- Dixon Hall Music School Overnight Camp at Hart House Farm (2 one week camps).
- ROM Day Camp.
- National Music Camp.
- Music By The Lake Camp.
- Canadian Opera Camp.
- Humber College Jazz Summer Program.
- Music at Port Milford.
- Girls Rock Camp.
- Harbourfront Camps.
music programs we supported in 2017
- Dixon Hall Music School
- Regent Park School of Music
- University Settlement House Music School
- From Violence to Violins
- Pia Bouman School of Ballet and Creative Dance
- Canadian Children's Opera Chorus Outreach Program
- Humber College Community Jazz Program
- University of Toronto Faculty of Music Young Voices Program
- Royal Conservatory of Music Exam Fees
school year music camps we supported in 2017
- Dixon Hall Music School March Break Camp at Hart House Farm
- Heather Bryant Dixon Hall Music School Christmas Camp at Hart House Farm
- Girls Rock March Break Camp at Dixon Hall Music School
- ROM March Break Music Camp
- each year we offer scholarships and awards to talented students
To see a complete breakdown of funds distributed by The Minstrel Foundation through September 2017 click here.