Since 1998 The Minstrel Foundation for Music & Arts Advancement is approaching $2 million in contributions to deserving young people in Toronto. This includes 40,000 music lessons at inner city music schools and 4,700 students attending summer music camps.
In addition to lessons and camps, we also assist with the purchasing of instruments, student participation in music festivals, books and post secondary education for advanced musical studies.
summer camps we supported in the Summer of 2016
- Dixon Hall Music School Overnight Camp at Hart House Farm (2 one week camps - 24 students).
- ROM Day Camp (2 students).
- National Music Camp (19 students).
- Music By The Lake Camp (15 students).
- Canadian Opera Camp (4 students).
- Humber College Jazz Summer Program (5 students).
- Music at Port Milford (1 student).
- Girls Rock Camp (3 students).
- Harbourfront Camps (26 students).
music programs we supported in 2016
- Dixon Hall Music School
- Regent Park School of Music
- University Settlement House Music School
- From Violence to Violins
- Pia Bouman School of Ballet and Creative Dance
- Canadian Children's Opera Chorus Outreach Program
- Humber College Community Jazz Program
- University of Toronto Faculty of Music Young Voices Program
- Royal Conservatory of Music Exam Fees
school year music camps we supported in 2016
- Dixon Hall Music School March Break Camp at Hart House Farm
- Heather Bryant Dixon Hall Music School Christmas Camp at Hart House Farm
- Girls Rock March Break Camp at Dixon Hall Music School
- ROM March Break Music Camp
Scholarships awarded in 2016
- each year we offer scholarships and awards to talented students